Amazing Science in the Holy BibleScience and Bible are often viewed as conflicting enemies. Many Christians are even afraid to look into matters of science or feel intimidated by science enthusiasts. BUT SCIENCE CONFIRMS THE BIBLE! Many of the Bible’s statements about science went against the generally accepted teachings of the time. However, modern science has again and again confirmed what the Bible has taught for centuries. We don’t compromise the Perfect Bible to match today’s imperfect science. Imagine just 100 years ago, if Christians tried to change the Scriptures to match science, they would have both compromised their faith and been wrong scientifically. Someone said,“The Bible is more up to date than tomorrow’s newspaper” In this article we will look at some specific examples of science in the Bible including thermodynamics, astrophysics, biology, microbiology, and more! Revealed to men of GOD hundreds of years before any actual scientific discoveries were officially made! We’ll see that the Word of GOD is truly Supernaturally inspired by GOD and scientifically accurate! 2 Peter 1:21 “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” THE INVISIBLE ATOM Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. John Dalton was the first to formally state in 1802 that everything is made from tiny atoms. Previously science was mostly ignorant on the subject. Now we know that all visible matter consists of atoms, but unlike a molecule, a virus, or bacteria, the atom cannot be seen, even under an electron microscope. They cannot be seen, but are known to exist from over a hundred years of experimentation. Scripture tells us in the Book of Hebrews written 80–90 BC, thousands of years before any scientific discoveries. Hebrews 11:3b “…things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” So the Bible is telling us that visible things are made up of invisible things (invisible atoms). How would the Bible authors know this so long before science did, if it the Bible was not inspired by God? LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS: CONSERVATION OF ENERGY-MASS A very important concept in physics is the law of thermodynamics, also called the conservation of energy-mass (formulated in the 1800’s). The first law of thermodynamics (QUANTITY OF ENERGY) states that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed, they just change forms (heat, light, sound, electricity, etc). The total quantity of energy in the universe is constant and cannot be changed. You’ve heard of Albert Einstein’s famous equation E=mc2, meaning this exact same thing (The world’s most famous equation). Energy and mass move from place to place. The amount of “stuff” in the universe is always constant. John 1:3 “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” (90-110 AD)
- The Bible indicates that no new material can come into existence apart from GOD. Furthermore, God finished His work by the end of the creation week according to Genesis 2:2. Since only God can bring new things into existence from nothing, and since God ended His work by the 6th day, no new material will come into existence today.
- The Bible also suggests that nothing by itself can cease to exist. This is because God is upholding all things by His sustaining power (Hebrews 1:3) and by Him all things consist (Colossians 1:17).
- GOD’s Word is 100% infallible, inerrant.
- Obey His Word, no matter what we think or feel… (He knows what’s best for us even when we don’t understand it).
- The Scriptures have been proven true, again and again. You can trust in the Bible from cover to cover! since Scripture are true, then it’s also true when it says…